Aluminum handrails are often the go-to option for contractors and building owners because they are known for going the distance. Where did that reputation come from, and can you trust it? Are aluminum handrails sturdy?
Are Aluminum Handrails Sturdy?
Did you know that a typical aluminum handrail can last up to 20 years after its installation? Aluminum handrails have an excellent reputation for a reason. But what makes an aluminum handrail different, and why are they so reliable?
What Makes Aluminum a Great Handrail Material?
If you’ve been shopping for handrails lately, you know that aluminum is only one of many materials from which handrails can be made. Why is aluminum such a common go-to if there are so many options? It’s because aluminum has properties that make it a naturally sturdy choice:
- Aluminum is not susceptible to moisture damage, temperature damage, or other environmental hazards that can affect the stability of other handrail materials. Aluminum does not rot like wood or rust like steel, and extreme temperatures in either direction won’t cause it to crack or become weaker. You can trust it to last no matter what environment you put it in.
- Aluminum handrails also typically have another layer of protection from powder coating. Powder coating acts as a hard shell that can further protect an aluminum handrail from the elements and add additional life to the overall handrail.
- Because aluminum handrails don’t experience the same kinds of elemental damage as other handrails, they’re less likely to get broken in ways that compromise their function. Issues like wood splintering or rusted-out pieces of hardware are less likely to occur. This makes aluminum a perfect choice for handrails because it’s reliable throughout its lifespan.
- The sturdiness of aluminum also extends to the aesthetic appearance of your handrail. Aluminum handrails don’t need paint touch-ups or constant maintenance like other materials. As long as you clean it now and then, your handrail will look and work as good as new for decades to come.
How Can I Make Sure I’m Buying a Sturdy Handrail?
There are a lot of qualities that make an aluminum handrail a reliable purchase for your home or business. However, it’s still a good idea to make sure you’re purchasing a high-quality handrail. What should you look for when evaluating the sturdiness of an aluminum handrail purchase?
- One of the best ways to tell if a handrail is of good quality is to take a look at the warranty offered by the manufacturer. The better the warranty, the more reliable the handrail. That’s why we only sell handrails that have lifetime warranties.
- Another way to ensure you’re purchasing a quality handrail is to buy products made in America. American products are made to higher standards and are typically more reliable than products made in other countries. That’s why all of our handrails are made in the USA.
- It’s always a good idea to make your purchase with a retailer you trust. If you aren’t sure what you’re buying, reach out and ask questions. You’ll either learn everything you need to know or discover that you’re better off shopping elsewhere.
Are aluminum handrails sturdy? If you buy a high-quality one, you can get decades of use. If you need help picking the right one, contact the experts at Aluminum Handrails Direct.
Now that you’ve explored the sturdiness of aluminum handrails, are you ready to start shopping? At Aluminum Handrail Direct, we are committed to providing high-quality aluminum handrails that are durable, maintenance-free, affordable, and attractive. If you have questions about aluminum handrails or are searching for a handrail system that fits your needs, call us at 417-409-3179 or visit Aluminum Handrail Direct’s online store today. We offer handrails, wall mounts, mounting screws and anchors, touch-up spray paint, and more. We look forward to hearing from you!