Aluminum handrails are already one of the most attractive, durable options on today’s handrail market. The addition of powder coating takes these handrails from “good” to “outstanding,” adding a degree of customization to any exterior project. When you’re ready to add some flair to your home or business, find out about powder coating finish options for your aluminum handrail.
Powder Coating Finish Options for Your Aluminum Handrail
What Is Powder Coating?
Our aluminum handrails are available in a wide variety of colors and textures – but those options are the result of powder coating, not standard paint. The coating is produced with powder that contains pigments and other additives to strengthen the metal surface beneath. After the aluminum handrail is prepared, powder coating is applied with a spray gun that spreads the coating over the railing. After the railing is coated in the powder, heat is used to cure the powder coating. This melts the powder and transforms it into a smooth, highly durable substance.
Benefits of Powder Coating
Before we dig into powder coating finish options, let’s explore some of the many benefits of powder coating:
- Power coating is versatile: From glossy white to rustic, textured mahogany, powder coating finishes are available in a wide variety of colors, gloss levels, and textures. Custom powder coating finishes are also available, ensuring that you’ll achieve the perfect color for your project.
- Powder coating is eco-friendly: Powder coating is a more environmentally-friendly option than standard paint for several reasons. First, powder coating is less wasteful. Powder coating is applied using a precise technique that minimizes overspray. Additionally, the powder coating doesn’t utilize the harsh chemicals – solvents, for example – that are present in traditional paints.
- Powder coating is durable: Powder coating is harder, thicker, and more flexible than traditional paint, making it an excellent choice for an exterior aluminum handrail. The powder coating’s durability helps it stand up beautifully against weathering, abrasion, and corrosion. The coating’s durable nature also means less maintenance. Powder-coated aluminum handrails require little to no maintenance outside of a semi-regular hose-down.
Powder Coating Finish Options
- Satin Finish: If you want a glossy, traditional look for your aluminum handrail, satin finish might be your best bet. Satin finish isn’t glossy enough to amplify a railing’s imperfections; however, it does give an aluminum railing a bit of an upscale look. Powder coating with a satin finish is also extremely easy to clean. Traditional satin finish colors include chocolate, gloss white, and gloss beige.
- Textured Finish: Powder-coated aluminum handrails are also available with textured finishes. Textured powder coating finishes have a sandpaper-like feel, adding an eye-catching look and feel to your aluminum handrail. Textured powder coating finishes include an attractive black fine texture, bronze fine texture, and a beachy sandy shore finish.
Aluminum handrails are an attractive addition to any residential or commercial outdoor space – and powder coating truly takes it to the next level. From classic gloss white to stylish speckled walnut, there are a wide variety of powder coating finish options for every outdoor aesthetic. For more information on powder coating finish options in terms of individual railing systems, check out our online catalog.
Now that you’ve explored powder coating options, are you looking for an expert who can walk you through purchasing and caring for an exterior aluminum railing? At Aluminum Handrail Direct, we are committed to providing high-quality aluminum handrails that are durable, maintenance free, affordable, and attractive. If you have questions about aluminum handrails or if you are searching for a handrail system that fits your needs, call us at 417-409-3179 or visit Aluminum Handrail Direct’s online store today. We offer handrails, wall mounts, mounting screws and anchors, touch-up spray paint, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!