If you need cost savings and convenience, an aluminum handrail kit can give you precisely what you’re looking for. However, all aluminum handrail kits are not created equally. Learn how to compare aluminum handrail kits online, and you’ll be able to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth.
How to Compare Aluminum Handrail Kits Online
Do you need to install a new handrail in your home or place of business? If so, an aluminum handrail kit could make your life much easier. Aluminum handrail kits include all the hardware and supplies you need to install your handrail exactly where it needs to be, along with instructions to make it a simple project. But how can you be sure your kit has everything you need and that it’s saving you time and money?
Determining What You Need from Your Aluminum Handrail Kit
Before you buy any handrail, it’s essential to understand the ins and outs of your project. Do you know everything you need to know to get the suitable materials for the job? Be sure to answer these questions before starting your comparisons:
- How long does your handrail need to be? Aluminum handrail kits come in different lengths and capacities for different spaces, such as continuous handrails vs. single bars. Be sure to complete all the necessary measurements for the project before making any purchases!
- Where are you installing it? You may need different or additional materials to install your aluminum handrail kit on different surfaces. For example, installing a handrail on a brick veneer requires a slightly different process than installing it on a plaster surface.
- What kind of hardware do you need to complete the installation successfully? For example, you may need more or fewer handrail brackets, depending on where the wall studs adjacent to your handrail are located.
- What kind of handrail will satisfy building codes, OSHA requirements, or any other rules and regulations you must consider?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’ll have the criteria to find an aluminum handrail kit that works for your particular project.
Finding the Right Kit for You
Knowing what you need from your handrail is one thing, but knowing what you need from your aluminum handrail kit is also an essential part of the project. Don’t shortchange yourself by purchasing the first kit you find. Instead, pick two or three promising options, and then consider these criteria to help you choose your final purchase:
- Does the aluminum handrail kit come with all the pieces you need to complete the installation as planned, or will you need to make additional purchases that will affect your project budget?
- Is the aluminum handrail kit covered by a warranty or another manufacturer’s guarantee? How long does the coverage last, and how can you use it if you need to?
- Does the handrail have all the features you want and need? For example, if you’re installing a handrail that needs to be ADA-compliant, will it help you meet that criteria easily without additional planning or purchases?
- Does the aluminum handrail kit meet your aesthetic expectations for your project? Can you get it in the right color and finish with the look you want? There are dozens of aluminum handrail kits available, so don’t settle for less!
Finding the right aluminum handrail kits online can be challenging, but that’s why the experts are here to help. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, give us a call.
At Aluminum Handrail Direct, we are committed to providing high-quality aluminum handrails that are durable, affordable, and attractive. If you have questions about aluminum handrails or are searching for a handrail system that fits your needs, call us at 417-409-3179 or 888-518-9890 (toll-free) or visit Aluminum Handrail Direct’s online store today. We offer handrails, wall mounts, mounting screws and anchors, touch-up spray paint, and much more. We look forward to hearing from you!